SEO Panel is one of the tools that won’t cost you a penny. It’s an open source application that is easy to install and use. So there’s is no cost for SEO Panel itself but you need a server and update SEO Panel & your server regularly to keep it fast and secure.
Why use Bitnami Image for SEO Panel?
Bitnami will ensure that SEO Panel image is secure, up-to-date, and packaged using industry best practices.
With Bitnami you can trust what’s in the app you’re launching. Bitnami monitors all components and libraries for vulnerabilities, outdated components, and application updates. When one is reported, Bitnami developers push an update and release every affected listing within a couple days at most.
Install SEO Panel for Managing Your Websites.
With a further ado, let’s Setup, Install, & Configure – Bitnami SEO Panel on Google Cloud. Also, enable essential services through Debian CLI to keep our Server streamlined.
Step 1. SEO Panel On Google Cloud (Bitnami)
Google Cloud Platform, offered by Google, is a suite of cloud computing services that run on the same infrastructure that Google uses for its end-user products, such as Google Search, Google Drive, Android, YouTube. read more
Get $300 To Try Google Cloud
Use products & Services offered by Google for free up to the specified usage limits during and past the free trial. These usage limits are subject to change and only available for eligible customers. read more1. Create New Project In Google Cloud Platform
Once you’ve signed up for Trial or purchased Google Cloud, you’ll need to log into your Google account and access the Google Cloud Console. From the Project drop-down, click Create project:
Deploy Seo Panel & Configure Instance
After creating a project, Let’s Click on Go to Cloud Launcher and select SEO Panel Certified by Bitnami from the Marketplace by Google Cloud that lets you quickly deploy software.
Launch on Compute Engine
Click on Launch Compute Engine to configure your Server.
Step 2. Configure SEO Panel Deployment
- Enter Deployment Name – Deployment name can only contain lowercase characters, numbers or dashes. It must start with a lowercase letter and cannot end with a dash.
- Select Zone – The zone determines what computing resources are available and where your data is stored and used Learn more
- Configure Machine Type – Machine types determine the specifications of your machines, such as the amount of memory, virtual cores, and persistent disk limits an instance will have. Learn more about machine types
- Enter Administrator Email – This email will be used if you need to reset your password.
- Select Install phpMyAdmin
- Boot Disk Type – Storage space is much less expensive for a standard persistent disk. An SSD persistent disk is better for random IOPS or streaming throughput with low latency. Learn more
- Firewall – By default, all incoming traffic from outside a network is blocked. Select the type of network traffic you want to allow. Learn more Check both Allow HTTPS & HTTPS Traffic.
- Finally, Click on Deploy and Wait for Google to generate IP Address & Credentials for your WordPress Instance.
Deployment Manager for SEO Panel
Once SEO Panel is deployed, Google will generate credentials required for you to get started in Deployment Manager, similar to the screenshot below.
Go ahead and click on SSH to Terminal, so that we can configure Static Domain on our machine and you can also configure Open Source SSL by following the instructions on Bitnami SEO Panel documentation from Terminal.
You can go ahead and test the installation by using your account credentials generated in Google Deployment Manager to Log into your SEO Panel Dashboard.
Type the IP address provided by Google for your server in the browser and you should see the default welcome page for SEO Panel, similar to this:
Step 3. Configure Installation:
Update Static Domain
SEO Panel requires updating the IP address/domain name if the machine IP address/domain name changes.
The bnconfig tool also has an option which updates the IP address, called —machine_hostname.
Note: bfconfig tool changes the URL to http://EXAMPLE_DOMAIN.COM/seopanel.
You can update your domain name by typing the following command in terminal:
If you have configured your machine to use a static domain name or IP address, you should rename or remove the /opt/bitnami/apps/seopanel/bnconfig file by typing the following command:
You can also change your hostname by modifying it in your hosts file. Enter the new hostname using your preferred editor.
sudo nano /etc/hosts
Add a new line with the IP address and the new hostname. Here’s an example. Remember to replace the IP-ADDRESS and DOMAIN placeholders with the correct IP address and domain name.
NOTE: Be sure that your domain is propagated
Update Domain’s IP Address for forwarding
Furthermore, Login to your Domain Control Panel, Navigate to DNS Zone and update the IP address for forwarding in 3 simple steps.
- Host Name – Enter the host name the A record links to. Type @ to point the record directly to your domain name, including the www.
- Points to IP Address – Enter 184.108.40.206 (Example)
- TTL – Select how long the server should cache the information.
Note: It should take a few minutes for DNS to propagate. However, you can expect a propagation time up to 24 hours.
- Test Configuration
Once done, open your web browser and enter the domain name to see if everything is working correctly by using the credentials provided by Google in Deployment Manager for logging in to your SEO Panel Dashboard.
Use the Bitnami SEO Panel documentation to Setup SSL certificate for your Domain Name by clicking here.
2. Getting Started with SEO Panel
After logging in to your SEO Panel Dashboard. Navigate to Admin Panel to review the settings, most importantly Changing the temporary password provided in Google Deployment Manager.
Update Google Settings
We need to generate API Key from the Google Developer Console for our Project to make requests from SEO Panel dashboard.
Create your application’s API key:
- Go to the API Console.
- From the projects list, select a project or create a new one.
- If the APIs & services page isn’t already open, open the left side menu and select APIs & services.
- On the left, choose Credentials.
- Click Create credentials and then select API key.
Update API Key in SEO Panel
Go ahead and update Google Settings by entering the API Key.
Let’s verify if we are able to make requests after updating Google Settings. Navigate to SEO Tools, Go to Keyword Position Check and Select Quick Keyword Position Checker to make requests.
Fill the desired information and you will see results, similar to this:
You’ve successfully Setup SEO Panel. I am sure you will be able to unleash the beast from here to meet your SEO requirements for FREE…!
If you encounter errors or problems during or after the installation. Lets us know in the Comments below!
You may also be interested in learning how to Install OpenVBX on Cloud.
Banner Image Credits: www.bluefrontier.co.uk/company/blog/item/building-a-website-with-strong-seo-foundations